Submission deadline: April 7
Notification of acceptance: April 15
Workshop dates: June 14–15
IFILNOVA – NOVA University Lisbon (co-hosted by the University of Lisbon)
- Philosophy of Mind
- Feminist Philosophy
- Social Philosophy
- Social Epistemology
The MAP chapter at the University of Lisbon and the Lisbon Mind Cognition and Knowledge Group (ArgLab, IFILNOVA) invite submissions from philosophers at all career stages for the Lisbon Feminist Philosophy of Mind Workshop. We are seeking submissions to present and to participate as a commentator-at large. We especially welcome submissions from philosophers from marginalized groups (including but not limited to trans and queer philosophers, racialized philosophers, and disabled philosophers), and from philosophers at early career stages.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- The nature of bias and prejudice and their cognitive and perceptual implementation;
- The internalization of oppressive social structures;
- The psychology of social norms;
- Culture, gender, and the mind;
- Gender essentialism and its cognitive implementation;
- The nature and psychology of social identities;
- The role of attention and salience structures in bias;
- Feminist approaches to traditional questions in philosophy of mind, such as the mind-body problem;
- Decolonial and Latinx approaches to philosophy of mind;
- Feminist critiques of cognitive science;
- 4E cognition and feminist philosophy;
- Feminist phenomenology.
Esa Diaz-Leon, LOGOS – University of Barcelona
Gloria Andrada (NOVA University Lisbon)
Gen Eickers (University of Beyruth)
Carolina Flores (UC Irvine / UC Santa Cruz)
Gloria Andrada (NOVA University Lisbon) & Carolina Flores (UC Irvine / UC Santa Cruz)
To apply, please fill in this form.
If you are interested in presenting, please submit an abstract of 500-1000 words, prepared for blind review and suitable for a 30-45-minute presentation (followed by discussion) to a general philosophical audience. If your abstract is not selected, you have the option to be considered for one of the commentator-at-large slots without submitting further material.
If you are interested in participating as a commentator-at-large, please submit a 1-paragraph explanation of why you would be interested in participating.
Depending on the funding we secure, we may be able to offer up to 3 bursaries to partially support travel costs for speakers in precarious positions.